Mopar fans and video game aficionados can now enjoy the fun of drag racing at their fingertips as the brand’s collaboration with Minicades Mobile has launched “Mopar Drag N Brag”, a free game application for mobile devices that is available via Mopar.com/DragNBrag and through the iTunes App Store.
Fans and gamers are invited to virtually strap in and hit a drag strip themselves aboard a Mopar hot rod to experience the thrill of burnouts, test their reaction time and burn some virtual rubber. They then encouraged to share their results and brag about their times via social media channels Facebook and Twitter in order to challenge and compete against others.
The game gives players the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Mopar-powered Dodge like those of professional NHRA world champion drag racers Allen Johnson, Jeg Coughlin Jr. and Matt Hagan, and includes the track venue known affectionately as Thunder Mountain at Bandimere Speedway where the brand’s signature event, the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals, takes place.
The game features also include:
• PRE-STAGE BURNOUTS: Before each pass drivers are allowed to perform a burnout which cleans and heats their Mopar’s tires for improved traction. Players should watch the temp bar on the left because too much throttle will overheat the tires and reduce grip.
• MOPAR POWER: Players can get behind the wheel of Allen Johnson’s or Jeg Coughlin Jr.’s Pro Stock Mopar Dodge Avenger and can also grab the throttle in Matt Hagan’s Funny Car Dodge Charger R/T by filling out some basic information to upgrade their vehicle.
• Realistic 3D graphics, car physics and performance.
• Multiple cameras including in-car driver perspective
• DRAG and then BRAG: Once a player takes the competition by storm, they can share their results on Twitter and Facebook and encourage friends to take the challenge
Race fans taking part in this week’s upcoming Mopar Block Party in Golden, Colo., on July 18, from 6-10 p.m. and at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals, July 19 – 21, at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colo., will get a chance to play the game in person with special gaming race seats and steering wheels provided at the Mopar display area. Amongst the players who set the quickest results in the game at either of these participating events, a winner will be chosen and given the opportunity to actually race down the Bandimere Speedway track against a Mopar legend prior to Sunday’s NHRA elimination rounds.
The “Mopar Drag N Brag” game is compatible with Apple iOS mobile devices and available as a free downloadable application via Mopar.com/DragNBrag and in iTunes App Store.