Tickets for the Linda Vaughn Roast (August 29, 2012) at the Lucas Family Estate in Carmel, Ind. are dwindling quickly, according to Traci Hrudka, chairman of the Quarter Mile Foundation. The event is being produced by the Quarter Mile Foundation and hosted by Lucas Oil Products, Inc.
"As the days grow closer to the August 19 deadline, we are seeing a run on the remaining tickets," she said. "I would advise those who wish to experience this unique opportunity to salute the 'Queen of Speed' to order their tickets quickly. The tickets are available online at the Quarter Mile Foundation website (www.quartermilefoundation.org or www.Project1320.com) by clicking the roast tickets link, and which can be paid for using MasterCard, VISA, Discover or PayPal."
The Foundation also announced a full subscription of the sale of Sponsor tables for the event. The individual and corporate sponsors are: C & R Racing, Paul Candies (Otto Candies LLC), Glazer's of Indiana, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, International Motorsports Industry Show (IMIS), Jeg's High Performance, Lucas Oil Products, Inc., Monarch Beverage Company, National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), Quick Fuel Technology, Jennifer Revson, the Vaughn Family, and Jack ("Doc") Watson. Opportunities to companies and individuals still remain for sponsoring tables, with table signage, program recognition and credits on the Roast DVD.
Additionally, support for the silent and live auctions has been substantial. To date, items have been received from:
· Allard Chrysler Action Group (Great Britain) - framed Allard Chrysler painting
· Mario Andretti - helmet carrier, Andretti Vineyards wine basket
· John Force - 1/24 scale die cast Funny Car, helmet
· Nancy George (the Human/George family) - Picture - 100 years of Indy 500 tickets, Gasoline Alley fuel pump, Indy 500 etched wine bottle, book - "Indy 500 - Century of Excitement"
· Roger Gustin - variety of Lava/Black & Decker apparel items
· Darryl Gwynn - autographed lithograph, autographed connecting rod clock
· Tom Long/Acme Die Cast - autographed Linda Vaughn Hurst/Olds 442 die cast model car
· Chris ("The Golden Greek") Karamesines - autographed lithograph poster
· MOPAR Parts & Service Division, Chrysler Corporation - Hat autographed by all Team MOPAR drivers
· Tony Stewart - Driving suit
· Quarter Mile Foundation - autographed Simpson helmet, autographed Mondello "Vintage Rat" mounted poster, plus the 10'x25' Roast stage backdrop designed by Kenny Youngblood).
Other donators have not sent items yet, but a number of motorsports notables have promised to contribute to the auction table.
The proceeds of the Roast will benefit Linda Vaughn and the Quarter Mile Foundation's production of PROJECT 1320 - a documentary film series about the growth of the sport of drag racing and the performance automotive aftermarket.
|< Prev||Next >|